Knowledge and Intelligence Team (South East)
Our key aim is to improve health and reduce inequalities nationally and locally through provision of intelligence to improve decision making by:
- providing scientifically valid, quality assured, innovative products which support decision making
- increasing knowledge and understanding of population health and health inequalities
- Increasing the skills of the public health intelligence workforce in our local areas through training and development
- Public Health England data and knowledge gateway The PHE Data and knowledge gateway gives direct access to analysis tools and resources for public health professionals from one single portal. Over 100 tools are available through the gateway covering a wide range of public health areas.
- Public Health England launches 2015 Local Health Profiles The profiles give a snapshot overview of health for each local authority in England in a user-friendly format. They draw together information to present a picture of health in each local area in a user-friendly format. They are a valuable tool for local government, health services and partners in helping them to understand community needs, so that they can work to improve people’s health and reduce health inequalities.